6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Thank goodness it’s Friday at the High Museum of Art! On the first Friday of every month, you can count on the High for drop-in art making, live performances, and drinks for purchase from 6 to 9 p.m. Part art party, part happy hour—and did we mention all programming is free with Museum admission?
Kick off your tailgate season at the High Museum’s First Friday. Revel in the South on our front porch (aka the Sifly Piazza). Celebrate The Bitter Southerner’s birthday with a curated cocktail and Southern storytellers in our galleries. Dance to live music from Atlanta Funk Society. Grab a beanbag and challenge someone to a game of cornhole, and don’t forget to create a bow tie in the art-making workshop. Grab a solo cup and join in the fun at our Tailgate Party on September 7!
- Sing along to those throwback tunes with Atlanta Funk Society
- Celebrate The Bitter Southerner’s birthday with Southern stories in the Museum
- Make a bowtie with Indie Craft Experience and featured Atlanta artist Haberdashed & Co
- Hear from The Bitter Southerner writers in the galleries Dana Hazels Seith, Cy Brown, Max Blau, Ariel Felton, and Chuck Reece
- Get educated on a gallery tour of Outliers and American Vanguard Art
- Test your drawing skills with Drawing in the Galleries
- Take your official tailgate photo in a photobooth by E.K. Sluder
- Enjoy drinks for purchase including a featured cocktail selected by The Bitter Southerner
- And more!
Thanks to our programming partner The Bitter Southerner.
Prepay for guaranteed parking, take MARTA to the Arts Center Station (N5), or take a Lyft.
First Fridays are FREE with Museum admission and FREE for members.